15U Division Rules
15U Division Rules
- Pitching distance is 54 feet and the baselines are 80 feet.
- When 11U/13U/15U ‘A’ teams come to games with only 8 players (in league play), the missing player is NOT subject to automatic out.
- Late-arriving players are to be inserted into the lineup with no penalty.
- In case of an ejection, the re-entry rule MAY NOT BE USED and the game is thus forfeited.
- In case of injury see 4.03 Injury Rule in the MBA Handbook.
- Only players that have not been in the game are eligible.
- The 8-player allowance is NOT in effect in league-playdowns. If a batting lineup consists of only eight players an automatic out is charged for the ninth position in the lineup.
- Games are seven innings.
- Run limit - 6 runs per inning, or 3 outs, whichever comes first. Exception: Last inning will be an open (no run limit).
- This differs from Baseball Manitoba rules and applies to league-play only
- If a team is up 10 runs or more after 5 innings, 4½ if home team, the game shall be declared over. If a game is called because of rain or darkness before 3 innings (2½ if home) the game shall be declared no contest and must be replayed.
- Everybody bats in “A” & “AA”: All players must be included in the batting line-up, but only 9 play defensively at one time.
- Players may be moved in and out of the game while maintaining the same batting order.
- A pitcher once removed from the mound cannot re-enter as a pitcher.
- In the event that a player is injured, ejected or has left the game for any purpose, the spot in the batting order will be skipped and the next batter will bat. No out will be recorded for the skipped spot.
- Batting lineups are restricted to 10 players (an EH can be included in the batting lineup) in “AAA” competition (follow Baseball Manitoba guidelines).
- 15U “A” and “AA” teams may still use the regular 2 ¾” barrel bats with minus-3 length-to-weight restrictions.
- In the 15U “AAA” level Wood or Composite bats must be used.
- There are NO restrictions as to the number of pitchers that may be used in a game.
- Any player on the team is eligible to pitch. See below
- Pitchers and coaches MUST follow the pitch count/rest guidelines (see below).
- Pitch-count must be recorded for all league, exhibition, and tournament games.
- Pitchers and Catchers - Baseball Manitoba Hand Book-Page 101 - read it and know it.
- Once a player assumes the role of pitcher, they cannot catch for the remainder of the day. A player is allowed to catch and then pitch in the same game or the same day. However a player cannot pitch and then catch in the same game or day.
- All other rules as per Baseball Manitoba/Baseball Canada will apply.
- Check with Baseball Canada NCCP for updated coaching requirements.
SCMBL Special Rules
- Up to three over age players may play if there is no team of his age group in his town.
- Overage players may not be more than 1 year over age, and cannot pitch or catch.
- An executive member or designate will assess the players skill level and make a ruling.
- Over age players must be identified on the game sheet as OP.
- In league championship tournaments, all teams with OP players must drop these players (they are not eligible to play in the play-offs.)
- Girls may participate one year past the suggested ages without being considered an overage player (Baseball Canada)
- Alternate Players (APs)
- In regular league play only, players may move up ONE age classification.
- Clarification - a Peewee “A” player can AP to Peewee “AA”, Bantam “A” or “AA”, but cannot AP to any level of midget
- Clarification - a Peewee “AA” player can AP to Bantam “A” or “AA”, but cannot AP to any level of midget
- APs cannot pitch or catch
- APs must be identified on the game sheet as AP.
- If a player is on a higher age roster permanently, then he may pitch or catch.
- Players can AP laterally in the same age category, as long as they ONLY play outfield, do not pitch or catch, and can ONLY bat in the last 3 in the order.
- Teams may not use APs if the total number of players, not including APs, on a game sheet is 11 players.
APs cannot be used in South Central Playoffs
Pitch Count Rules